Vermicelli slathered in a sweet orange sauce.
* 6.5 oz very thin rice noodles (rice sticks/ rice vermicelli)
* 1 tsp gluten free tamari or soy sauce (I used light)
* zest of one orange
* 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
* 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
* 3 tsp brown rice syrup or agave
* 1/2 tsp ground cloves
* 2 tsp sesame oil
* 1 tbsp rice vinegar
* 3 medium carrots, julienned
* 1-2 tbsp wheat free tamari or soy sauce
* 1 tbsp sesame oil
* 1 tbsp brown rice syrup or agave
* 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
* 1 tbsp water
* 3 tbsp black roasted sesame seeds
In small bowl combine 1 tsp tamari, orange zest, orange juice, grated ginger, 3 tsp brown rice syrup, cloves, 2 tsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp rice vinegar until well mixed. Stir with julienned carrots in small saucepan and reduce over medium heat until about 1 tbsp of liquid remains.
In the meantime, cook rice noodles as directed on package.
In separate small bowl, mix together 1-2 tbsp tamari, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp brown rice syrup, 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar and 1 tbsp water.
Toss with cooked noodles until thoroughly coated. Add tamari to taste… I used a good bit more in mine to make the vermicelli taste salty enough for my liking (I have one whopper of a salty liking). I also added a few small squeezes of agave to cinch all the flavors up nicely.
Once carrots have finished cooking, stir in carrots and remaining liquid with rice noodles.
Toss in 3 tbsp black sesame seeds until evenly distributed.
Serve hot or cold.
The time needed to cook this recipe is under 30 min